Saturday, December 12, 2009

Memories, Madras and Me…….

11th Dec 2009’

Finally I am on my way to Pune after a week tour to Maadras now Chennai. The week was just like any other week. Morning 9.30 to 6.30…as usual office work for which I hardly gets anything (in terms of money ,but in term of other things m getting more than enough) in comparison to my company which is many millions. My observation and experiences which I want to share and listed below, it can be a never ending stories but few which I would like to share.
• Nothing much has changed in last five days except the driving skill of drivers which has worsen in this quick and short duration. The driver made my heart to beat @ 300/mins while taking me to Chennai Central from Gummidipoondi. If u remember it is double then the figure which I provided last time. The cab drivers in TN have mastered the art of driving recklessly and doubling the speed in wrong ways and the single roads. I felt helpless as he was unable to understand hindi or English and a mild headache started as some tamil song was played in the car. Every song was same I wondered how can a MP3 have just one song in total.
• Men here wear two type of clothes Lungi and Lungi. Either printed or plain. world has changed from tv to LCD, walk man to i-pods, desk top to palm top, vividh bharti to FM but tamils same as they were 50 years ago…..m talking in general.
• Only two type of species are found in this land. One supporting Amma (Ms Jaya lalitha) or Anna ( Mr .Karunaniddhi). Both the species are either black or more black.
• For tamils hindi is not a language, everything out of TN,Kerala, Karnatka and AP( now Telangana also) is HINDI. It may be people, language, food ….in short everything.
• Chennai police remind me of NYPD which I had seen in Hollywood movies of course, reason it is the only police having their patrolling vehicle as car ,Hyundai accent with multi color lights on top with siren and LED display. No other metro police in india has this privilege as per my General Knowledge, which I think is updated till last Sunday.
• The Tamil version of any one hindi or English word is as longer as u can imagine. In short hindi word is inversely proportional to its tamil conversion. And every place name ends with yam or di. The word “TA” don’t exist in this land everything is “THA” i.e past in hindi. Like ritha, sunitha, sumith…….
• Wall mart has to stop their business in Chennai if ever started if they don’t sell sweet neem i.e kadi patta and banana leaf in their super market. Every shop sell these two items.

It was a pleasant experience of staying all away from city. My guest house has two more guest from Calcutta now Kolkata who were there for SAP ERP installation and training. I liked debating with Mr. Saraf of all topics ranging from share market actually we start with this topic every morning at breakfast table, to politics of WB, on Singur, TATA Nano, to climate change summit at Denmark and many more …. all followed by our daily routine. On Dinner table we try to make it light and watch SAB tv Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chasma, ye chanda kannon hai…….the guest house has a radio from Darbhanga ,Bihar Mr. Mahesh who talked non-stop when ever he see a human. He loved watching cricket being played somewhere, in some part of world between India and some country , but he follow it religiously. One Mr. Ghosh was there who speaks tamil as fast as u see on Sun or Vijaya or Surya Tv…..after accumulating all these sweet memory in my giga sized mind which keep on jumping from here to there I am returning back to Pune. Don’t know why but I am missing that place it may be temporary but I am….:)…..
In between I am also reading a new novel “RIGHT FIT WRONG SHOE”…..

No comments:

Post a Comment