Tuesday, December 8, 2009

yeh hai Chennai meri jaan....

Gummidipoondi...tuesday 08 dec '09....
almost 60 km from Chennai on nellor highway i am resting on my bed after having work from 9:30 am to 6 pm..me having three meals and 4 cup of tea in whole day. Presently i am in the industrial area of Tamilnadu govt. on my official visit. The owner of the plant is a marwari from Kolkata some Mr. Dalmia. When i reched here it took one n half hour from airport to Gummidipoondi that was more than the time taken by my Kingfisher flight to reach Chennai from Pune,which took 1 hr 10 mins to cover more than 700 Kms. But u can't help it.My journey to chennai started at 4.30 evening from my home. I was the last passenger to board the flight. U knw its a pleasure to hear your name announced by a sweet lady voice at airport. THIS IS THE LAST AND THE FINAL CALL FOR MR. RAVI WHO IS FLYING BY KISGFISHER FLIGHT >>> TO CHENNAI. KINDLY PROCEED FAST TOWARD GATE # 3 WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE FIRST FLOOR....WOW...my name everywhere and the airlines staff directing you to the flight. Flight was boring I manage to sleep for 20 minutes… the four air hostesses with fake smile showing their ultra shining teeth enough to act as flash for camera were serving so called veg snacks with tea…snacks was something called aalo tikki with chhole I never had such tikki in my whole life it was really pathetic…two of my co-passenger tried to eat it but in vein…the crew member trying to make them eatable with their pleasing smile and hospitality .
7.10 pm Chennai air port. I got a call from Mr. Verma that driver is at the airport to pick us. NAGAARAJ sir the driver answered when I asked his name. Welcome to Chennai. The driving style in south is enough to make your heart beat 150/minute. But I am used to this as it was my fifth visit to the city of idlis and giant poster and the city of language which has all its alphabets same… all round and round… I wonder how came a little boy of 5 understand all these complicated form of writing. The city has improved a lot since I visited last time. Flyovers , metro under construction and few AC city buses were enough to impress a north Indian or a person coming from Pune (with a image plotted in the mind about Chennai). The city roads are wide and the beauty is enhanced by the greenery. While reading the news paper I got to know that the city has a fair night life and other goodies of life. ILLA illa…..every men use this word twice in a sentence. Most commonly used but having different meaning….strange but true.
So rest in next…..
be well…take care…..

1 comment:

  1. Nice one...
    While reading it reminded me of my old days spent in chennai :)

    ReplyDelete